Thanks for visiting our blog. Please check back often for the latest news and updates.
Training M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC provides quality, comprehensive and perishable skills training, in accordance with Master Instructor California guidelines that promotes innovative skill sets to enhance the employee’s motivation and performance in the workplace. M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC was originally established in the late 1980’s as a training resource for private security, and[…]
Expert Witness M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC provides expert testimony in premises liability, issues involving gangs, narcotics, use of force and a variety of other topics. M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC provides civil and criminal case review and analysis, legal research, and deposition and trial preparation. M. C. Kimball and Associates, LLC has access to[…]
Professional Security Officer Development Series
MC Kimball and Associates, LLC has provided Officer /Agent, Supervisor, Manager and Executive level professional security specialist training since 1989. As a leader in the training arena, MC Kimball and Associates, LLC utilizes instructors and curriculum developed by California State qualified Master Instructors. While we work with California State Bureau of Security and Investigative Services our training standards exceed those required by B.S.I.S. (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services).
Our curriculum has been especially designed for Security Officers and Agents in mind and the challenges they face in this ever changing and diverse economy. The curriculum design integrates lessons learned, best training practices, and current trends.
Some of our contracts have included:
- The Security Forces of the Del Monte Shopping Center in Monterey, Ca.
- Albertsons Food Corporation Security and Safety Staff
- Professional Security and Safety staff of the Pebble Beach Company in Pebble Beach, Ca.
- The Defense Language Institute Federal Safety and Security Officer Force
- School Security and Safety Personnel for Solano County School District
- Safety Staff for Contra Costa County Environmental Safety Services
- Safety Staff for Riverside County Code Enforcement Services
- Northridge Shopping Center, Salinas, Ca. Security Force
- Capitola Mall, Capitola, Ca. Security Force
- AS Solutions (Executive and Physical Protection Services) Redmond, Wash.
- Concentric Solutions International (Executive and Physical Protection Services) Kirkland, Wash.
- Macerich (Owner of 99 malls nationwide) Santa Monica, Ca.
- Arden Fair Shopping Center Professional Security and Safety Staff
- Northbay Schools Insurance Authority
Prior to any training session, a needs assessment is completed with the client to custom develop the topic matter and to achieve the greatest results.
Following the training, an in-depth review is provided for the client documenting the topic taught, who was in attendance, the number of classroom and field hours and any students who stood out as excellent students or as students with remedial training needs.
Our professional staff is prepared to travel to your location to assist you with your required and customized training needs. We will also address your quarterly or annual perishable skills training domains to help you reduce short term and long term liability issues facing the professional security and executive protection industry today.
Some of our course offerings for our Professional Security Officer / Safety Officer Development Series include:
A.C.T. (Active Crisis Training)
Violence is occurring every day in our resorts, malls, businesses, churches and schools. Are you prepared to act during a crisis?
Our Active Crisis Training provides a skill set and practical application of proven techniques for individuals to survive and escape violence.
Dramatically improve your ability to disrupt and deter violent acts occurring in your environment. Our training will integrate with your current technology and teach your staff how to recognize, react, disrupt, and counter individuals who are intent on harming those within your span of control. Real life events have shown that in these situations, employees, citizens, teachers, and students are their own “First Responders” until help arrives.
· Historical Facts & Case Studies
· Threat Assessment
· Research Based Proactive Approaches
· A.L.I.C.E. Enhanced Guidelines
· Countering Directed Violence
Anti- Terrorism Concepts
Anti-Terrorism Concepts is intended for anyone that might find themselves in a first responder situation. This course is designed to enhance the capability of supervisors, and personnel in fighting the war on terrorism. The course material covers building blocks to terrorist attacks, pre-incident indicators, terrorism interdiction, over-view of Islamic, Right Wing, and Environmental terrorist groups, legal issues and intelligence systems.
· International Terrorism
· Domestic Terrorism
· Tactical Detection
· Intervention and prevention strategies
· Working with local law enforcement
· Effective Anti-Terrorism measures you can take
Behavioral Threat Analysis
There is no single “profile” of risk factors that accurately determines the “violent intruder”. Preventing violence is a top priority today. A viable approach is that of Behavioral Threat Assessment, which uses a set of strategies or pathways to determine the credibility and seriousness of a threat and the likelihood that it will be carried out.
This process considers a full range of relevant factors and provides appropriate interventions for the potential offender (s). Perhaps most critical to keep in mind is that no single factor leads to violence. Multiple factors can cause a person to become violent. All approaches to prevention and intervention, including Behavioral Threat Assessment, should be based on what we actually know about the phenomenon.
· Assessment Types
· The 6 Principles of Threat Assessment
· How and When to Intervene
· Decision Making Behavior
· Research Based Proactive Approaches
· A great Complement to our Active Crisis Training
Management of Influenced Behavior
Success with different personality type depends on your ability to manage different situations and personalities. But how often do we practice for management of personalities under the influence? Whether a personality is under the influence of alcohol, anger, drugs, or is chronically mentally ill, there are certain rules that apply to each situation and certain rules that should not be violated to increase both success and safety when managing influenced behavior. Recognizing the traits of influenced behavior and understanding and practicing the base rules will increase safety and success.
This class will give the student proven tools for dealing with:
· Individuals under the influence of alcohol
· Individuals under the influence of anger
· Individuals under the influence of drugs
· Individuals under the influence of mental instability
· Management and communication of different personality types
· Management of difficult people
· Management of aggressive behavior
Current Trends in Resort Safety & Security
With the economy on the rebound, more and more people are beginning to travel again. The tourism industry is seeing the return of both transient and corporate travelers at double-digit percentage rates over just last year. With the rise of visitors comes the rise of criminals looking to take advantage of not only guests, but of resort properties. MC Kimball and Associates, LLC “Current Trends in Resort Safety and Security” takes a look at current crime trends and scams seen in the tourism and resort industry. The class will look at ways to prevent these crimes, and how to effectively manage incidents when they occur. Topics covered will include:
- Crimes against guests
- Crimes against the hotel/resort
- Scams used against guests
- Scams used against the hotel
- Preventative measures
- Behaviors of suspicious persons on property
Insure you and your team are current and up-to-date in crimes concerning your guests, your property, and you!
Current Trends in Retail Theft
A survey of 129 retailers conducted by the National Retail Federation estimates that organized retail crime (ORC) losses cost retailers about $37 billion last year, up from $34 billion in 2009.
Of the retailers surveyed, which ranged from restaurants to department stores to specialty retailers and grocery stores, 95 percent said they had been victims of ORC, which they said was becoming more violent.
Boosters (the name for ORC thieves) have developed new ways around existing technology; retailers are challenged to develop new physical deterrents. Interviews with retailers have revealed that criminals prefer stores with minimal interaction with sales associates.
Topics covered will include:
- Organized Crime and Retail Theft
- Flash Mobs and Theft
- Internal Theft
- Safety Concerns
- How to interact and intervene
By defusing the crisis, officers can help empower persons and aid them in regaining a sense of control and order. A person who is not in crisis is more likely to communicate and cooperate with officers.
For many victims of crimes or loss, the critical event and its effects are, at least temporarily, the central focus of their lives. Nothing is more important to the victims than resolving their own crisis. It is important that officers acknowledge the victim’s ordeal and exhibit empathy rather than sympathy for the victim.
In the early moments of a crisis, victims may be upset, in a state of confusion, or unaware that they are now safe. It is important for peace officers to provide immediate reassurance of their safety.
Goals of the class include:
· The difference between Empathy and Sympathy
· Helpful Phrases
· Acknowledgement as a resource
· Developing collaborative efforts between victims and officers
· Techniques of diffusion
· Techniques of Crises Communications
Contact, Control and Defense (4 Modules)
This introductory seminar is about Contact Control Defense, which is an optimal training solution to such difficult problems as handling violent assaults in confined areas. This course will enhance the student’s awareness of weaponless defense against sudden assaults by contact weapons at close quarters – approximately six (6) to eight (8) feet. This is the “no man’s land” between use of less-than-lethal-force and use of lethal force. Whether the student is in the middle of apprehending a suspect or simply standing in a field interview position and is suddenly attacked by subject(s) wielding a contact weapon such as a screwdriver, baseball bat or a pair of scissors there is no time to deploy other options. This course provides the immediate and optimum solution for close quarter and confined area defense options.
- Gross motor skill strategies effective in any defensive environment
- How to create control
- Use of proper stance and balance
- How to control center line
- Effective and efficient close quarters self defense from sudden assaults
Cutting Edge Training in Self Defense Technology
Dynamic Response to Situational Awareness
Ever wonder what skills you might call upon if you were verbally assaulted? What are your options should you encounter a surprise aggressive physical assault? How would you recognize an assault that is developing against you? How would you create distance or place yourself into a safety zone to avoid the physical assault? What do you do in close quarters with a rapid evolving encounter? Can you utilize the tactical verbal diffusing technique of the 5-step process from tactical communications?
Topics covered include:
· Use of verbal skills
· Use of Angles
· Use of distance
· Use of Barriers
· Recognition of Threats
· Situational Awareness and Components of Enhanced Awareness
· Avoidance of Tunnel Vision
· Avoidance of Audio Channel Shut Down
· The Study and Use of Proximics
· Principals of Creating Distance
· Principals of Triangulation
· Principals of Partner Communication
· How to Set Up a Successful Contact
Principals of Contact and Cover
Principals of Disengagement from a Hostile Contact
Tactical Communications (4 modules)
Tactical Communications teaches the art of persuasion using specific communication strategies that allow the user to use their presence and words to redirect another’s behavior and to generate voluntary compliance.
The course embodies a philosophy that maintains how to be better prepared in a verbal encounter, how to listen and speak more effectively, how to engage others through empathy and how to avoid the most common conversational mistakes.
· Increase Personal Safety and Decrease Stress for the employee.
· Enhance Conflict Management to assist employees in preventing confrontations from becoming volatile situations.
· Enhance Professionalism and assist employees in recognizing the impact their words have on the public.
· Reduce Vicarious Liability by training employees how to handle encounters skillfully and professionally thereby reducing potential complaints and lawsuits.
· Provide Scenario-Based training to simulate workplace examples and potential responses.
· Provide Student Assessment and Evaluation to address student proficiencies and deficiencies in course content.
Safety and Situational Awareness
This class explores the times that you can be most vulnerable and how to avoid deadly confrontations, accidents and compromising situations, while at the same time elevating situational awareness and maintaining vigilance. The curriculum includes viable options for the student to avail themselves of, beginning with the recognition of threats, transitions, hostile and aggressive behaviors and the different forms of complacency. The student will be exposed to safety issues involving environments in the office, field, and away from work. Students will also look at techniques to survive the aftermath of a critical incident. A variety of safety resources will be provided and explored.
Other Professional Development Classes Include:
Fixed and Roving Posts
Handling Unusual Circumstances
Field Interviewing and Note Taking
Prevention of Dysfunctional Teams
Decision Making & Problem Solving
Arrest and Control
OC Pepper Spray
ASP Tactical Baton
For a listing of more classes and our customized classes please contact us at: email@example.com or mckimballandassociates@ yahoo.com.