Safety Situational Awareness
Our course is designed around the science of Situational Awareness and recent research and findings on the human brain. This class is designed to give the student a heightened state of awareness, both on the job and off the job. The class explores the times that we can be most vulnerable, how to avoid confrontation and how to avoid accidents and compromising situations while elevating awareness and maintaining vigilance. The curriculum explores viable options for the student to avail themselves of beginning with the recognition of transitions, and elevation of awareness. Also explored during the class will be the indicators of aggressive or hostile body language. A variety of resources are explored for the student to utilize.
Our course comes in 3 modules, each building upon the platform of the other for enhanced learning and application of skillsets.
- Overcoming adversity
- Elevating awareness
- Understanding the risks associated with our job (complacency and apathy)
- Understanding that routine is complacency
- Learn to anticipate rather than expect
- Learn to respond rather than react
- Understand the dynamics involved in not being prepared
- Understand the importance of awareness
- Learn the color code system for awareness and danger
- Dis-engaging from the threat (Tactical Retreat)
- Calling for help is more than calling (use of cognitive skills)
M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC is a California based company that offers innovative professional training to the public, private and non-profit sectors. M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC also provides consulting and expert testimony. M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC maintains a master-level coalition of subject matter experts and instructors with years of extensive knowledge coupled with real world experiences.
M.C. Kimball and Associates, LLC
1130 Fremont Blvd. #277
Seaside, CA 93955